Sunday, June 6, 2010

from airline food to spanish culinary delights

Okay,so I am very new at this but a gal has to start somewhere hey.
Since this website is dedicated to food,most of the blog will be food related as we travel to some of the most gourmet rich countries in europe as far as I am concerned.
What is it about some airlines that make me dislike the food served on board so very much.Maybe if they tried keeping it simple then the food would at least be edible.
Breakfasts are the absolute worst.They need to take the egg dish off the menu completely as they taste of a bad quality cardboard.
Then there are others who surprise one with a very simple sandwich but it is served at the right temperature and it is filled with flavour.
And then we touch down in Madrid.Oh my gosh,what a culinary experience and delight.
A simple bar in a side street somewhere and we are served the most simple but so delicious grub.
The markets are filled with all the wonderful summer fruits ,strawberries in so many different varieties,cherries as well.Then I came across a cocoa pod.Wow just had to have it.Cant do much with it but its a step up from the cocoa beans I have at home.Now I have a pod.
At the moment in Holland where we are feasting on herrings ,syrup waffles,kibbling ( a variety of fried fish and shellfish ) and lots lots more.
Such absolute culinary delights.I am loving it.

No comments: